Monday, August 28, 2017

Pastor's Greeting

I wanted to begin by saying thank you for making me feel so welcome. The congregation, and especially the PNC has gone out of their way and I really appreciate it. From the cleaning of the manse top to bottom, the beautiful window treatments, the gifts of food and the well-wishers, moving into my new home has been a joy. Thank you all.

I'd like to tell you a little more about myself. By now I have shaken many hands, and some of you have heard me preach, so I thought I'd fill you in on some of the important parts you may not know.

First and foremost, I am a dog person. I love all animals, but dogs hold a special place in my heart. I have two: a Siberian husky named Conall, and a long-haired dachshund mutt named Dylan. Conall is large and sweet, with many health issue including epilepsy, but is happy to meet whoever is around. Dylan is too smart for his own good, and will defend his territory with vengeance but is very devoted to me. I love them both to pieces.

Secondly, I am a knitter. I am bad at sitting still, so I knit almost constantly, the exceptions being when I am driving or in worship. Knitting allows me to listen to what people are saying much better than I would if I was sitting still. So, if you see me knitting while teaching a class or leading a meeting, that's why!

Finally, I am a lover of stories. I am an avid reader of many kinds of books from fantasy to mysteries, non-fiction to poetry. If you see me walking with my headphones in, chances are good that I am listening to a book. I also love to hear other people's stories. As we begin to get to know each other, I look forward to learning your stories as well. I am honored that you called me to serve you and I look forward to seeing what comes next for First Presbyterian of Watkins Glen.

Blessings,
Cara